We hope you are having a great week and everyone is getting into the groove! Please make sure you have sent in your PTA registration. We are merging our email addresses with the updated registration forms. This may be your last Smoke Signals if we do not have your updated registration form.
- Before and After School Programs: Please see the attached forms and link for more information regarding the offered programs. We NEED PTA parent volunteers for each of these classes in order for the classes to run. Please contact Tanya Marquez at email@example.com for more information. These programs will have to be cancelled if we do not have a mandatory PTA parent volunteer.
- BOX TOPS: SURPRISE! There is a KICKOFF classroom competition this year. STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS!
- Spanish Language Stars: Begins the week of Oct 5th. See flyer attached at the bottom of the eBlast. All registration is now on-line at https://apm.activecommunities.com/languagestars/Activity_Search/3967
- K-2nd grade Spanish classes are on Tuesday mornings 7:30-8:15
- 3rd-6th grade Spanish classes are on Wednesday mornings 7:30-8:15
- Contact Tara Schmidt with questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Halloween & Winter Party Volunteer sign up is now open. Sign up via VolunteerSpot by clicking the following link. Priority was given to those that have indicated via registration that they were interested in volunteering.
- BINGO Night has been set for November 13th! Stay tuned for times and registration
- Additional Information:
- Fun Lunch Volunteers are still needed to help at the school on Fun Lunch days. Contact Debbie Young email@example.com or Wendy McDaniel firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or for further information. Or register via VolunteerSpot:
- Membership registration is coming to a close. If you registered online, but are paying by check please get those checks in ASAP so we can match-up your form and payment. The can be sent to the school in an envelope marked “PTA Registration”. You can also sign up via our website at www.itpta.org/memberships . Please remember…If you are a committee chair you MUST be a PTA member!
- There are a number of volunteer positions that are still needed:
- Chair still needed for Before and After School Programs. This person is in charge of confirming the contracts with the outside groups for the programs, (this has been completed for this year), flyer distribution, and secure a registered PTA Volunteer for each after school class for dismissal and before school for Spanish Language Stars (this person will receive a tuition discount from Language Stars). Please contact Tanya at email@example.com for more information.
- From the District:SQUIRREL and longitudinal reporting: Want to learn more?Like last year, the District will continue to offer several Parent Tech Support and Parent Learning, Assessment and Reporting meetings.this school year. Learn more about the SQUIRREL portal, 1:1 learning, standards-based learning and longitudinal reporting by attending one of the meetings below. All meetings will take place at the Longfellow Center, 1435 Prairie Ave.Parent Tech Support Meetings:
(Focus on SQUIRREL Portal and 1:1 in Learning)
Monday, Sept. 21 at 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 6 at 1 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 8 at 6:30 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 19 at 12:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Parent Learning, Assessment, & Reporting:
(Focus on Standards-Based Learning & Longitudinal Reporting)
Monday, Sept. 21 at 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 6 at 2 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 8 at 7:30 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 19 at 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Read FAQs related to SQUIRREL and longitudinal reporting.
Building Bridges – Parent/Teacher Group for Families of Students with Special Needs
Building Bridges is a new group started through the Downers Grove Area PTA Council in partnership with Downers Grove Special Services. Our goal is to work on building bridges between families of students with all kinds of special needs and the school community. Join us at one of our meetings to connect with other parents and to learn more about district and community resources.
Wednesday, September 30th – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 2nd – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 3rd – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 13th – 7:00 p.m.
Our meetings take place at Hillcrest School at 1435 Jefferson Ave. in Downers Grove. For additional information, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, join us on Facebook at facebook.com/buildingbridgesDG58 or call 630-719-5824.
Attached PTA Links/Forms:
- Harry Potter
- Language Stars
- PTA Registration Flyer