PTA Meeting November 7th 7-8pm in the LRC
Our District PTA Reflections program is in jeopardy if we can’t fill these positions. Please let Tanya Marquez or Danielle Jamil know if you have any questions or if you are interested in volunteering: Our District PTA Council needs 4 Volunteers for the Reflections Committee. Details of the positions were outlined into various components in an effort to lighten the workload.
It would be optimal to find four PTA members who could divide/complete the responsibilities while collaborating and communicating amongst each other.
If we fail to fill these positions, then council has no choice but to “Suspend” the program until further notice. A confirmed Committee by September 30 will avoid this situation.
If this program is discontinued our students will not be able to compete at a District or State level.
Some fun things going on at south next week for HOMECOMING!!
Tuesday night is a free movie outside with popcorn, Friday is the parade and the football game.Tuesday, 9/27: “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”- 7:00 PMFriday, 9/29: DGS Homecoming Parade- 3:15-3:45 PMFriday, 9/29: DGS Homecoming Football Game- 7:30 PM
- FUN LUNCH Volunteers Needed! If you are interested in handing out food for our upcoming Fun Lunches, please sign up at http://signup.com/go/CzngVnQ
- Save the Date: Dad’s Bean Bag Night Thursday, October 5th at the newly located Roundhead’s. Flyers went home last week – information and sign up can be found at https://www.itpta.org/dads-bean-bag-night/
- Halloween Room Parties – Look for Halloween Room Party sign up in the September 24th Smoke Signals. The party will be held on Tuesday, October 31st. Every classroom MUST have a room Head Room Parent. If you have any questions please contact, Jacynda Kruk @ or Wendy McDaniel firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Great things are brought about and burdens are lightened through the efforts of many hands anxiously engaged in a good cause.”
~M. Russell Ballard
- This is the FINAL WEEK for PTA Registration! If you have not registered, please register on-line at http://www.itpta.org/memberships/or click HERE for a paper registration form.
- This is also the last week we will be sending out the eBlast to last year’s list!
- Benefits of membership include this weekly eBlast, access to the school directory (available shortly after registration closes), and your payment also supports all of the great programs that we provide to Indian Trail students. Please sign up soon! (REMINDER: All committee chairs must be PTA Members
- Congratulations to Diane Lube and Jen LeGrand for putting together our Back to School Kick off! It was a huge success and the kids had a ton of fun!!
Committee Chairs will receive their list of committee volunteers after PTA registration is closed and should be reaching out to all volunteers soon.
We have registered Indian Trail PTA at AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is operated by Amazon and the PTA will receive a percentage of all eligible purchases so PLEASE feel free to share with friends and family.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much”
~ Helen Keller
Welcome Back! We hope that you had a great first week back!
~ The Indian Trail PTA Board
1. Register NOW for the Indian Trail PTA: You can do so online or by turning your completed form and check into the school. Our PTA helps provide access to great classroom resources for teachers, field trips, assemblies, etc… for every student at Indian Trail. Click the following link to register: http://www.itpta.org/membersh
2. Back to School Picnic: Join us at the 9th Annual Indian Trail PTA Kick-Off Picnic! Friday (September 8th) 5:30-7:30 Behind the School on the black top. (In case of rain, event will be in the gym) Registration forms can be completed and returned to the school. Coach Josh will be providing the Entertainment!!!! WANT TO VOLUNTEER? CONTACT: email@example.com to help out.
3. No School Monday, September 4th
4. Tuesday, September 5th from 7pm-8pm Join us in the LRC for the 1st PTA meeting of the 2017-2018 year. Meet the new board members and sign up to help with committee’s!
SAVE THE DATE : Indian Trail Curriculum Night Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Take NOTE of the times: 6:30-7:00pm K, 1, 4, 6
7:00-7:15pm 6th grade Camp meeting in the Multipurpose Room 7:15-7:45pm 2, 3, 5 Rise
Throughout the year we have tried to thank all those that help make the different PTA programs a success. There are some other people that we would like to thank today for all their work throughout the year. Without them programs like:
Art Awareness, Classroom Parties, Hot Foods, Box Tops, Dine & Share, Field Day, Hospitality, Math Club, After School Programs, Reflections, School Supplies, and all those we may have forgotten…
wouldn’t be possible. So this week we wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to:
Laura Rizzo, Paige DiProspero, Michelle Fauendoff, Elena Cash, Jen Mazzeffi, Christine Cain, Amy Polivka, Danielle Jamil, Jacynda Kruk, Wendy McDaniel, Jill Dvoracek and Cara Swider
A few reminders as we are finishing up our final week of school:
- Field Day is this Wednesday. K-2 will participate in the morning session and grades 3-6 will participate in the afternoon session. The PTA will provide each child with a slice of cheese pizza – this is not a full meal so please supplement as you see fit.
- All expense requests should have been submitted to Tara Schmidt by June 1st as our books for the year are about to be closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have anything outstanding.
- Please consider taking the brief 10 question Hot Foods survey to help improve next year’s program at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FYRG5JF
- The 2017-18 PTA Board is:
- President: Shannon Zimniewicz
- Vice-President: Kelly Passo
- Treasurer: Tara Schmidt
- Secretary: Wendy McDaniel
- The first day of school for the 2017-18 school year is August 24th. Please see the 2017-2018-Calendar for a full list of important dates.
Thank you to everyone that pitched in and made the 2016-17 school year a great one!
~Tanya & Amy
THANK YOU!!! To Kim Bishop and everyone that helped make Teacher Appreciation Week an amazing week – the awesome Indian Trail community donated over $1,000 in support of our teachers!!! The teachers ate lots of goodies from breakfast treats and coffees, lunch from Gnarly Knots, and movie snacks to finish off their Movie themed week. We were also able to provide them with a new Keurig for the Teacher’s Lounge!
- FIELD DAY for the Students will Wednesday, June 7th. We are in desperate need of additional volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering for a session or for the day please click HERE and sign up on Volunteer Spot or contact Laura Rizzo at email@example.com for additional information.
- If you have PTA receipts for reimbursement from the 2016-2017 school year, they MUST BE handed in to Tara Schmidt by June 1st or you will not be reimbursed. Please contact or send them to Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- True Balance Karate has a great offer for Indian Trail families! They are offering a 4 week for $49 trial program for families throughout the summer and will donate ALL the money back to the PTA at the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year.
- As you are planning for next year, True Balance Karate offers an after school program. They offer a fun, structured, supervised program that teaches students confidence, pride, and respect. Students practice karate every day and piano lessons are available as an add-on. They offer different options for working families: 1 day, 2 day or 3 to 5 day pick-ups. Our latest pick-up is at 6:30. Please see the TBK Flyer to contact them for additional information and make sure to mention Indian Trail PTA when registering!
- Our final Dine & Share will be Friday May 26th at Panda Express on 75th St. in Darien. 20% of all sales will go back to Indian Trail. Please show the following flyer when ordering.
- Hot Foods needs helpers to hand out our final Hot Foods on Friday May 26th. Please sign up at http://signup.com/go/k79pXo or contact Jacynda Kruk at email@example.com
- The final day of school for the 2016-2017 school year is June 9th and it will be a HALF DAY ATTENDANCE DAY.
The Mother and Son Night was perfect! Thank you to all who helped make this annual event run so well and all who came out with their boys to enjoy a special night together! Dave Polivka thank you for being our photographer year after year! We appreciate all you do!!!
THANK YOU Kelly Passo, Dana Howell and Amy Polivka for an AMAZING EVENT
- Hot Foods needs helpers to hand out lunch. Please sign up at http://signup.com/go/k79pXo or contact Jacynda Kruk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher Appreciation Week is this week. Please checkout the FLYER to see how the Students can help make this an extra special week for the teachers. Also, follow us on Facebook for daily updates on what was going on at Indian Trail to honor our great teachers.
- **Community Day** is this Friday, May 12 – 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 Thank you to the Student Council and Mrs. Leff for putting this together for the students!
- Mark your calendars for Monday, May 15th for our Final PTA Meeting for the 2016-2017 school year. We will be combining our meeting with our Annual Volunteer Thank You event. Look for an evite in the next day or so with additional information. We hope you can make it!
- Field Day for the Students will Wednesday, June 7th. If you are interested in volunteering for a session or for the day or would like additional information, please contact Laura Rizzo at email@example.com
- Summer Math Club: Please complete the FLYER and return it to the school no later than May 15th. For questions please contact Christine Cain at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Registration for the 2017-2018 school year is now open. Returning families are asked to register your students by May 12th. Registration can be done on-line at http://dg58.org/registration/. To register via Paper, please contact the school office.