“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” ~ Harriet Tubman
ITPTA News: (it’s a long one this week!)
- Monday’s regularly scheduled PTA meeting will be rescheduled to a DAYTIME meeting prior to the Ice Cream Social on Tue. Feb. 14th. The meeting is rescheduled to allow our Indian Trail families to attend a meeting in support of Saving Roundheads. Please look for additional information soon.
- Reading Games Spirit Wear is available for purchase. Orders are due by Friday, February 10, 2017. Please note, t-shirts can be purchased individually and do not need to be purchased as one order per team. However, a team should coordinate T-Shirt colors including the team parent and team chaperone. Helping as a volunteer, but not as a team parent or team chaperone? Please consider purchasing the maroon T-Shirt which includes “Volunteer” in the logo. http://store.zimmzang.com/
readinggames Please direct questions to ReadingGamesDG58@gmail.com
- LAST CALL! We are looking for a few good hosts for the International Fair February 23rd. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to let her know you’d like to run a table (or share it with another family) at the event. Feel free to ask questions, too!
- BINGO night! Is this Friday, Feb. 10th. Registration forms can be found HERE. This FREE & FUN event is being made possible by the generous donation of Dr. Balakrishnan and Downers Grove Orthodontics. Dr. Balakrishnan is also offering special discounts for Indian Trail Families. Please check out the FLYER for special pricing: Please click on the image to checkout their website for more information:
- Roller Skating Feb 25th – This is another FREE & FUN event the PTA offers for all Indian trail families. For more information or to register on line please visit www.itpta.org/rollerskating. Questions? Contact Jennifer Mazzeffi at email@example.com
- Adult Trivia Night is March 11th. We will be selling raffle tickets for Class Experiences, Class Baskets as well as for Split the Pot at Parent Teacher Conferences this week. Last year’s Split the Pot raffle went to a lucky parent that purchased his tickets conference night and wasn’t able to attend the event. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, please consider joining us in on the fun! Flyers went home last week and can be found HERE. For more information, please contact Kelly Passo or Dana Howell.
- The Indian Trail PTA is looking to fill seats on the Indian Trail Executive PTA Board. We have openings at the Co-President(2) or President positions. We NEED your help, without the President position filled the Indian Trail PTA will have to dissolve. Please see the attached FLYER for more information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yearbooks are now available for order through February 8th. The cost of the yearbook is $15.50. If you have any questions, please contact Cara Swider at email@example.com Yearbooks will be distributed in late May/early June. Forms went home with your kids but also you can order via PayPal via the following link: http://www.itpta.org/yearbook
- DON’T FORGET Parent Teacher Conferences are this week Wednesday Feb 8th & Thursday Feb 9th Sign-up at: https://dg58.info/squirrel/
- O’Neill Middle School PTA invites you! Our PTA welcomes all the incoming seventh grade parents to our monthly meeting on Tuesday, February, 14 at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria. We want you to be part of our team and see what the OMS PTA has to offer! Right after our meeting, ALL District 58 community members are invited to our Candidate Forum for the District 58 School Board at 7:15pm in the cafeteria. The candidates will briefly introduce themselves. We will collect questions from the audience and have the candidates answer the questions that reflect the audience as a whole. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the candidates and be an informed voter in April. Please visit the O’Neill website (http://omspta.wixsite.com/
mysite) to let us know you will be in attendance. Being members of the Illinois PTA, O’Neill and all other District 58 PTAs do not endorse any one candidate. We are offering this forum as a service for all of our community members.
- Dads, mark your calendar for Monday, February 13, from 7 to 9 p.m. for an opportunity to join Todd Adams, co-host of Zen Parenting Radio Podcast for a conversation on the balancing act that makes up your daily life. See the following link for details:http://dg58.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/HGNA-Winter-2017-Parent-Education-flier.pdf
- Mark your calendars for Sunday, Feb. 12! The world-renowned Harlem Wizards basketball team will return to Downers Grove Grade School District 58 for an evening that promises to be fast-paced, funny and family-friendly.District 58’s very own community team, the Downers Grovetrotters, challenged the Harlem Wizards to a thrilling basketball game event. The fun will kick off on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 6 p.m. at Downers Grove South High School, 1436 Norfolk St. Our very own Mrs. Poe (Miss. Wielgolewski) and Mr. Zac will be participating in the event! For more information see the following link: http://dg58.org/blog/2017/01/09/the-famous-harlem-wizards-are-coming-to-town-feb-12/.