“We make a living by what we GET, but we make a LIFE by what we GIVE.” ~ Winston Churchill
We are in need of a lot of help this coming week. In some cases we need your time, and in some cases your treasure. We hope that you help us have a successful week ahead with all of our PTA endeavours, for both our Indian Trail community and our Downers Grove Community at large. Thank you for your consideration. Please take the time to read through this lengthy Smoke Signals about all the events in the coming week!
- Thanksgiving Giving: Our PTA has teamed up with a local organization to help provide 28 families with non-perishable Thanksgiving provisions and we need your help! Please sign-up for the needed items and drop them off at our PTA table during Parent Teacher Conferences either Wednesday 11/16/16 or Thursday 11/17/16. Please feel free to sign up for multiple items. We will then be putting the donations together for the families. Thank you for your time and support! Please click the link to SignUp for available spots: http://signup.com/go/Yt8yyZ
- BOOK FAIR ‘ALL FOR BOOKS’ Change Collection: All loose change is due back to your teachers by 11/17/16. Please use the baggie that went home with your teacher’s name as there is a PIZZA PARTY reward for the classroom that collects the most change. This change provides books for classroom libraries, we fulfill LRC “wish lists” and we GET MORE KIDS READING! Please contact Christina Strand with questions at: email@example.com
- THE PTA IS THANKFUL FOR OUR KIDS: To show our appreciation to the students at Indian Trail, the PTA will be providing a FREE Hot Dog Lunch to ALL of our students on Tuesday, November 22nd. 1 Hot Dog and 1 Bag of Lays Potato Chips will be provided to each student. Feel free to supplement your child’s lunch as needed.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Please consider helping out!
- BOOK FAIR VOLUNTEERS: (Nov. 16, 17 & 18)
Please sign up to help at the Indian Trail Fall Scholastic Book Fair!
Click this link on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/iCmmq2
Please contact Christina Strand with questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PIE SALE DELIVERY DAY VOLUNTEERS: (Nov. 17)
Sign up using SignUp. Com using this link: http://signup.com/go/FreYzW
Please contact Tanya Marquez with Questions: email@example.com
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE DINNER ITEMS: (Nov. 16 & 17)
Sign up using SignUp. Com using this link: http://signup.com/go/mvm1tZ
Please contact Kim Bishop with Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM VOLUNTEERS:
Please sign up for Chess Scholars, Let’s Build It Engineer!
If you sign up for all of the slots a 50% tuition waiver is granted for 1 of your children.
Click this link on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/WZjob9
Please contact Paige DiProspero with questions: email@example.com
Parent teacher conferences are this week. Plus arrive at your assigned time or communicate with your child’s teacher about any changes or conflicts.
The District is looking for volunteers to get involved with a new committee in regards to their Strategic Plan which included the following goals:
- Student Learning (Curriculum, Instruction & Programming)
- Student Well-Being / Social-Emotional Learning
- Technology for Teaching & Learning
- Facilities, Finance, Operations & Maintenance
If would like to get involved in the future of District 58 and have interest in any or all of the above, please contact president@Itpta.org and we will get you in touch with the appropriate person.
- The next Building Bridges meeting will be December 7th. Please visit http://www.dg58.org/Page/10659 for further information or their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/buildingbridgesDG58
- Reading Games Registration is now open! Please visit https://sites.google.com/site/
dg58thereadinggames/ for further information.