“As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands — one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” — Audrey Hepburn
- Registration is still open for the 3rd Annual Swim and Splash on January 28th from 6:15pm-8:15pm at Pelican Harbor. It’s an event for the entire family. Please register ASAP! Bring your family, friends and neighbors we have the ENTIRE place to ourselves, it is a private event. To register on-line & for more information, please visit our webpage.
- The Indian Trail PTA is looking to fill seats on the Indian Trail Executive PTA Board. We have openings at the Co-President(2) or President positions. We NEED your help, without the President position filled the Indian Trail PTA will have to dissolve. Please see the attached FLYER for more information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yearbooks are now available for order through February 8th. The cost of the yearbook is $15.50. If you have any questions, please contact Cara Swider at email@example.com. Yearbooks will be distributed in late May/early June. Forms went home with your kids but also you can order via PayPal via the following link: http://www.itpta.org/yearbook/
- January Dine & Share: Join us at Mojo’s all day this Wednesday, January 25. Please bring in the FLYER with you and 10% of your total bill will be donated to Indian Trail PTA.
- 6th Grade Memory Books: Information will be coming home soon for those that want to help! Parent volunteers put together this amazing memoir that each 6th grade student gets and is partially sponsored by the PTA. Feel free to Contact Jennifer Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Christine Cain at email@example.com for more information!
- Box Tops: The PTA is teaming up again with Student Council for our next Box Top Contest! Please send them in all month – the winning class will be announced at school in early February and that class will win a Pizza Party!
- Before & After School Classes will be CANCELLED if we do not have PTA parent volunteers for each of these classes. If your child is registering for one of these classes please consider signing up to volunteer and contact Paige DiProspero: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let’s Build It – Thursday’s February 2nd – March 23rd 3-4 pm in the LRC. Sign up at http://payment.learningmeansfun.com/signup and enter class code INT2.2.17 in order to register. Please register by Jan 23 for the early bird price of $122.
- Our PTA has been contacted by all of the candidates for the upcoming Board of Education election in District 58. We are working with the other PTAs in the district to host an event where these candidates will have a platform to present their ideas. Please stay tuned for the details and we will pass those along as quickly as we receive them.
- Mark your calendars for Sunday, Feb. 12! The world-renowned Harlem Wizards basketball team will return to Downers Grove Grade School District 58 for an evening that promises to be fast-paced, funny and family-friendly.District 58’s very own community team, the Downers Grovetrotters, challenged the Harlem Wizards to a thrilling basketball game event. The fun will kick off on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 6 p.m. at Downers Grove South High School, 1436 Norfolk St. Our very own Mrs. Poe (Miss. Wielgolewski) and Mr. Zac will be participating in the event! For more information see the following link: http://dg58.org/blog/2017/01/09/the-famous-harlem-wizards-are-coming-to-town-feb-12/.