“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?”
~Dr. Martin Luther King
The Indian Trail PTA is looking to fill 2 seats on the Indian Trail Executive PTA Board. We have openings both at the Vice President and Co-President(2) or President positions. We NEED your help, without the President position filled the Indian Trail PTA will have to dissolve.
- THANKS to a PTA parent request, the PTA is purchasing playground equipment for the classrooms funded by the Label for Education money we received over the summer. The idea was brought to the attention of the PTA Executive Board and we were able to vote on this at our January Meeting. Don’t let your ideas fall by the wayside, bring them to a meeting or contact a board member so we can share them for you. Let us know if you’d like to put something on the next PTA meeting agenda.
- Register NOW for the: 3rd Annual Swim and Splash on January 28th from 6:15pm-8:15pm at Pelican Harbor. It’s an event for the entire family. Please register by this Friday, January 20th! Bring your family, friends and neighbors we have the ENTIRE place to ourselves, it is a private event. To register on-line & for more information, please visit our webpage.
- Before & After School Classes will be CANCELLED if we do not have PTA parent volunteers for each of these classes. If your child is registering for one of these classes please consider signing up to volunteer and contact Paige DiProspero: email@example.com
- Chess Club – Tuesday’s January 17th-March 14th 3-4 pm in the LRC. Sign up at http://payment.chessscholars.com/signup and enter class code INT1.17.17 in order to register.
- Let’s Build It – Thursday’s February 2nd – March 23rd 3-4 pm in the LRC. Sign up at http://payment.learningmeansfun.com/signup and enter class code INT2.2.17 in order to register. Please register by Jan 23 for the early bird price of $122.
- For additional information, please check out our website at After School Programs or contact Paige DiProspero.
- January Dine & Share: Join us at Mojo’s all day on Wednesday, January 25. Please bring in the FLYER with you and 10% of your total bill will be donated to Indian Trail PTA.
- Box Tops: The PTA is teaming up again with Student Council for our next Box Top Contest! Please send them in all month – the winning class will be announced at school in early February and that class will win a Pizza Party!
- Hot Foods
- VOLUNTEERS are still needed to help hand out lunches. If you are free on the Fun Lunch Friday’s, please sign up at: http://signup.com/go/ziVNm5
- SAVE THE DATES:
- February 10th: Family Bingo Night
- February 23rd: The Indian Trail’s International Fair is BACK! Stay tuned for details and how to be part of this great event!
- February 25th: Family Roller Skating Night
- March 11th: Our Annual Adult Game and Trivia Night is just two months away! Our committee is busy preparing for this event, which is not only a fun night out for adults, but the BIGGEST PTA fundraisers of the year.
- Scott McDaniel is already busy on soliciting establishments for donations to include in our vast number of silent auctions. Anyone who has any leads or info on items that can be donated should contact Scott directly:
- firstname.lastname@example.org. He is not looking for suggestions, only looking for guaranteed leads on donations.
- April 19th & 21st: Author’s Fest! This year the Southside school’s have the privilege of hosting Author’s Fest and welcoming author’s into the school for 2 days of presentations to the students.
- All of our authors have also confirmed for a Book Signing event on Friday evening the 21st at the DGPL. Look for more details closer to the event.
- Who Makes the Best Pizza??? Pizza Wars: January 19, 2017 5:30 – 8:00 pm in the Downers Grove South Cafeteria. See details at: Pizza Wars