“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character, that is the true goal of education.” ~Dr. Martin Luther King
- Register NOW for the: 2nd Annual Swim and Splash on January 30th from 6:15pm-8:15pm at Pelican Harbor. It’s an event for the entire family. Bring your family, friends and neighbors we have the ENTIRE place to ourselves, it is a private event. Please see the WEBSITE for further details and registration.
- January Dine & Share: Join us at The Patio in Darien on 83. Wednesday, January 27, 2016 from 3pm-9pm. Please bring in the FLYER with you and 15% of your total bill will be donated to Indian Trail PTA.
- Box Tops: Don’t forget about the Box Top contest the PTA is running in conjunction with Student Council! Continue to send them in all month – the last collection day will be Friday, January 29th. Box Tops will be counted and on Monday February 1st the winning class will be announced at school and that class will win a Pizza Party!
- SAVE THE DATE February 18th: The Indian Trail’s International Fair is BACK! Stay tuned for details and how to be part of this great event!
- SAVE THE DATE MARCH 5th: The 80’s themed Adult Game and Trivia Night is just two months away! Our committee is busy preparing for this event, which is not only a fun night out for adults, but the BIGGEST PTA fundraisers of the year. The committee is in full force soliciting for some exciting donations for raffles and silent auctions. We are asking families to consider donating gift cards of any denomination, which will be used as prizes for the Game and Trivia Night. Target, Amazon, itunes, movie theaters, restaurants, etc. are some ideas for gift cards. You might even consider going in with a group of friends to purchase a gift card in a larger denomination, which would make the games we have planned even more exciting! If you have other items that you’d like to donate like sporting event tickets or other items appropriate for the event please contact Scott McDaniel at email@example.com. For further information on the event please contact Dana Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Passo at email@example.com
- Before and After School Programs:
- Registration for some of these classes is still open for Chess and Gross Out Chemistry, please see the link for the registration forms: After School Programs
- For these classes to run WE NEED PTA parent volunteers for each of these classes. If your child is registering for one of these classes please consider signing up to volunteer and contact Tanya Marquez at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club is kicking off its nominating process for an Outstanding Teacher program for the teachers in District 58. This program allows local students to nominate teachers in Downers Grove who have made a difference in their lives. Please see this link for further details or click this link for the 2016 Outstanding teacher entry form . This is a great way to honor our great teachers at Indian Trail.